Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Tags

Hello! It's Heather here with some fun and simple Valentine's Day tags to share with you. Valentine's Day is tomorrow (whoa, right?!) and I just LOVE making little things to give others. I decided to make these tags to put on some treats for my family. 


I used the Pack Your Bags Tags diecut for the base tags. You could use any of the tag cut files in the shop, though, since you're only going to be cutting the basic tag shape. I diecut those, and right around that time I happened to be watching a Wilna Furstenburg video where she paints her tags with chalkboard paint, and I had the epiphany to chalkboard paint the tags (I had totally forgotten that I had chalkboard paint). As you can see, some of the tags just had diecut shapes in the tags, so those were really simple to make. Note: I diecut them before painting them. ;) 



I used the "Sew Loved" cut file for the x covered heart and the Sweet Hearts cut file for the ME+U tag (I used only the text from one of the hearts).

The tags with the "hugs" and "love" diecuts stapled to them are from the Candy Hearts cut file set. I cut them out of watercolor paper (double cut!) and painted them, of course with watercolors. I wrote the TO and FROM with a white Sakura Jelly Roll pen AKA the best white pen ever. 



It took me a long time to decide whether I liked the tags. Honestly they didn't look that awesome. But then I thought that if I added some white paint splatters, that would help them out. So I used some basic white acrylic paint and a paintbrush to splatter the paint onto the tags. I knew I couldn't use white mist because it would probably smear on the chalkboard painted surface. And voila! I liked them much better. It's so crazy how one small thing can help the whole project out. :)

So there ya go! Some fun and relatively- quick Valentine's Day tags! 

xoxo, 


1 comment: