Friday, March 20, 2015

Dream Big


Hi, It's Gina with you today.  I have a fun layout to share with you today using string art!  Have you seen the brand new I Heart String Art cut file set in the shop?  The 5 files (cloud, house, star, heart and arrow) make great embellishments for your layouts, cut just the way they are.  But, you can also use them as templates to create your own string art, as I did on my layout today.



To create my string art layout I used the I Heart String Art cut file as a template.  I enlarged the arrow shape and then cut it out with my Silhouette.  I placed the template over my background paper and then used a hole piercer to poke holes.  After all of my holes had been pierced I began to string the design with black embroidery thread.  I used my template as a visual guide so I would know where to thread each string.  I used the same template to make three arrows.  After my string art design was complete, I finished my page, by adding my photo and embellishments.  I love the look of the three bold arrows.  Super easy and makes a great impact!







Supplies: The Cut Shoppe: cut file; Fancy Pants: Ephemera Pack, Insta Pack; Dear Lizzy Serendipity: Watercolor words, Thickers; Felicity Jane: Patterned Paper; Other: Embroidery Thread, watercolors, paint, spray mist








No comments:

Post a Comment