Monday, March 23, 2015

Guest Designer Anke Kramer

Happy Monday everyone!  We have a new Guest Designer joining us this month, and I am so excited to share her work with you!  Anke Kramer creates beautiful layouts, and her use of cut files always adds an amazing touch to her pages.  Anke created two gorgeous layouts to share with us today, but first let's get to know a little more about her.


Hi, My name is Anke and I live in a small town in Northern Germany with my husband and my dog Edgar. I’ve always loved being creative in many ways such as painting, drawing, decorating etc. I got in touch with scrapbooking in 2011 when I was looking for ideas for an album I wanted to create as a gift for my brother. I visited many creative blogs and galleries and immediately fell in love with all of these pretty papers and embellishments. One of my favorite scrapbooking tools is my silhouette cameo so I was very excited to be invited to work with The Cut Shoppe designs, as a guest designer. Thank you so much Ashley!
 
Here's what Anke had to share about her two layouts, using the Flower Power cut file and the Rosey Posey cut file!  I chose two floral designs and colored them with layers of embossing powder.  For fine details, I like to use an embossing pen instead of an ink pad.
 


 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/210864192/the-flower-power-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_20
 
For creating the watercolor background I applied Gelatos on a piece of foil, added some water with a paint brush and then pressed the foil onto my cardstock. Finally I added some stamping.
 


 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/223161363/the-rosey-posey-cut-file-is-a-background?ref=shop_home_feat_3
 
 WOW!  We love what Anke created with these two floral backgrounds!  And her embossing and watercolor techniques add such a beautiful touch to the cut files.  Thank you so much Anke for designing for us today!  You can find more of Anke's work on her Blog, Bits & Pieces, and connect with her on social media!

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow !!!! Love yours layouts Anke !!! Congrats for this Guest DT !!! Love your work !!!

    ReplyDelete