Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hello Lucky Girl

Hey there, friends!  It's Missy back with you today.  I know St. Patrick's Day has come and gone, but I wanted to create a fun and festive layout using the new Lucky Charm cut file.  I was inspired by the rainbow and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.  I have a process video at the bottom if you'd like to see how I created this layout :)


Here is what I came up with.  I enlarged the rainbow and gave it some color with gelatos.  I wasn't sure at first what I wanted my background to look like, but in the end I decided to create an abstract landscape with a blue sky, green grass and bright yellow sun.  I coated the cardstock with clear gesso and used a circle stencil with gelatos first...they blended in when I started adding watercolors.  You can see exactly how I did this in my video.

I didn't use any particular collection for this...it's mostly white cardstock with a few pieces of random patterned papers thrown in...they are both Recollections brand from Michael's.  There is also a piece of vellum in my layers as well.


I also cut the word "lucky" from this file.  I first traced it with a gold pen and then decided to scribble in the space.  I figured I need gold touches on a rainbow layout, right?  I also used gold thread to stitch.  I colored that wooden veneer "hello" with gelatos, paint and a bit of ink spray.


I love the dimension of the rainbow.  I didn't lay flat, and I actually like that.  I added some yellow stitching on the sun's rays...my needle got sticky at one point and made little tiny holes....you can see it here.  It doesn't bother me, though...it's not that noticable.


I cut these cute shamrocks from the file, too.  I simply colored them with green watercolor and added touches with a green gelato.  I layered some flair buttons in there, too.  I used gold foil on the wooden hearts....I showed how I did this in my video.  Super easy and fun!


One more close up of the layers and the cute shamrocks.  I topped them off with some rhinestones.


I hope this gives you some ideas on how you could use this file to scrap your St. Patty's Day photos!  I love combining gold with rainbows...they just seem to go together.

Here is my video...I hope you enjoy it!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a stunning page and fabulous process video!! Pinning!!

    ReplyDelete