Saturday, March 28, 2015

You Are My Sunshine

Just what we need, sunshine!  This layout is probably my favorite layout so far from Ashley at The Cut Shoppe. I just fell in love with it and had a vision and went with it! Thank goodness it came out exactly like I pictured!!  I raided my paper stash for this and just used a combination of tones. I tried to use a solid white card stock as my background like I normally do, but once I put the word paper behind I couldn't help myself.


To make the layout I used my Cameo to cut the design out of white cardstock. Then I traced each of the rays onto patterned paper and fussy cut each piece. I ran the edge through my black ink pad and glued them down once they were dry.


From there it was easy to just put the photo, a few embellishments, and the gold mist down on the paper. I love it. I really do. I don't know what it is about it that makes me so happy because I'm usually not drawn to really busy pages. This one just fits.


I hope you take the time to play with this Heart Burst file. I would love to see a layout using the negative in this design, too!

Have fun and check out the fun new logo!




No comments:

Post a Comment