Monday, November 16, 2015

Secret Garden

Good morning! Recently a friend from church invited my daughter in law and I over to see her dahlia garden. She brings oodles of flowers, to all events, all summer long and DIL and I told her one day we wanted to see where they all come from. There are always so many varieties; she told us that she has 217 plants, all filled with blooms. She even has this mirror hanging on her fence and wished that she had a photo of her garden reflected in it, so I complied.

I thought the delicate eyelet of the Endearing Eyelet file would be the perfect background for the flowers and that pretty little mirror. I cut it from white card stock, did some watercolor wash and ink splatters, then placed it over an ombre wood grain paper, using foam tape to give dimension. I used the Retro Rounded Corners and Funky Florals to create the big flowers I placed a bright piece of multi color paper for the matte, my photos on top, added little pearls in the eyelet centers, bling in the flowers and my journaling. Pretty simple layout that didn't take long at all, but makes an impact.











Head over to the shop and pick up some fun new files today!



No comments:

Post a Comment