Sunday, January 3, 2016

Oh Little, Red White & Blue Star


Aimee here, sharing a layout I created with the December Freebie Oh Little Star.


 


Do you ever use themed product that is intended for a specific holiday, only to use it for a totally different holiday?  

I actually love it! Its, not that I TRY to do it, I just tend to pick product that has multiple uses. Say you buy some red striped paper at Christmas; you can always use it for Valentines Day, Fourth of July and even Back to School. As long as it doesn’t say Merry Christmas on it I say its up for grabs to use for any occasion.

And thats exactly what I did here.



Ive wanted to stitch on a layout for sometime now. I found a photo that would be awesome with a bunch of stars as a background.


I cut the Oh Little Star from plain white cardstock and adhered it to a piece of white cardstock {just in a different shade, and texture}.


I then stitched the messy stars with red, white and blue floss. I really love how it turned out.

I mixed 2 different collections from Pretty Little Studio, Treasure Island & Lets Go to create the foundation for my photo.


I then shopped my stash for different red, white & blue stars. They are a mixture of October Afternoon, Me & My Big Ideas, Seven Paper 7 bits and pieces from Studio Calico & Freckled Fawn kits. And I didnt forget to date my photo with the Heidi Swapp date Roller stamp!


you can grab the "Oh Little Star" Freebie here!




No comments:

Post a Comment