Friday, July 22, 2016

Here, There, Everywhere


Hello everyone!,  

Nathalie here bringing you a new layout using a few cut files from the Cut Shoppe Etsy store.   For this project I have combined the Star Light Star Bright, Going My Way, and Here There Everywhere cut files.  The combination of these three worked beautifully to bring my idea to life.










First, the two figure cut files (Going My Way, and Star Light Star Bright) were welded to create a large 'compass' image.   I chose to only cut three quarters of the shape on Shimelle's Starshine collection patterned paper;   once cut, I backed the empty spaces with vellum.  The cut-out was then anchored to the right side of  the layout with glue dots.





To create the background,  some simple gouache was applied to watercolor paper (in different colors/rainbow) around the 'compass' shape.  The picture was then placed surrounded with clusters of ephemera from Shimelle's Starshine collection, and Amy Tangerine's Better Together collection.







Lastly, to create the title, I set the Silhouette Cameo to perforate the edge of the Here There Everywhere cut file;   I used the perforations to hand stitch the design using thread of the same color as of the 'compass' shape.





I hope this inspire you to combine cut files to create a unique shape for your projects.   There are so many beautiful designs in the Cut Shoppe Etsy store, and the possibilities are infinite.

Till next time,

Happy Crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment