Thursday, August 25, 2016

Dream Come True

It's Thursday, and that means new cut file sets are available in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!  We've got some awesome designs for you this week, and I used two of the new sets on my layout.  And I'm pretty excited about this layout because of the photo!!  It's a photo of my FIRST EVER physical product, created from my own designs!!  So obviously, I had to document the photo right away!

  
The photo on the layout is one I snapped of my Clear Stamp set, that is part of the OAKLEY AVENUE Fall collection with Pretty Little Studio.  When I received the stamp set in the mail, I had to take it out right away and try it out.  And, of course, I had to take a photo to share on my social media!!

When I started this layout, I knew I wanted to use the new Strings Attached cut file set.  I decided to go with the circle design, because I thought it would be perfect for a shaped photo.  I used the no cut feature on the outside circle of the cut file, so I could go back and draw it with the Sketch Pens.  


https://www.etsy.com/listing/460904374/the-strings-attached-cut-file-includes-4?ref=shop_home_active_6

I also used the new Brush Up Alpha for the title of my layout.  I selected the letters for the title, Dream Come True and arranged them around the Strings Attached circle.  Once I had all of the cut files the way I wanted them, I sent it to the Cameo to be cut.  Then I stitched around the circle drawn by the Sketch Pen with 4 different colors of embroidery floss.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/460903294/the-brush-up-alpha-is-a-handwritten?ref=shop_home_active_8
 
I decided to use the Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life collection for the layout, because it went with the colors in my photo...and because I didn't have the Oakley Avenue collection to work with...yet!!  :)  But I loved that the Oh Happy Life had the Reds, Yellows and Oranges, which are great fall colors.  And the cute owl from the Ephemera pack was a perfect embellishment, since my stamp set goes with a fall collection.  Since I had a large photo and wanted to feature two cut files, I kept the embellishing simple with two embellishment clusters.

Both of these cut file sets are now available for purchase in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, along with a new Cut & Fold design, Cheeky Chevrons!  And you can still save 25% off of your purchase through the end of this month, with the Discount Code TCSCS25!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

And if you're interested in picking up some (or all!!) of the Oakley Avenue collection, it's now available for Pre-Order on the Pretty Little Studio website.  Here's a peek at some of the items included with the collection!

http://www.plspapershop.com/category-s/2269.htm
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to head over to TCS Etsy store and get your favorite designs at 25% off!!

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment