Sunday, October 2, 2016

Fall in Love

Hello there friends. Today I'm back with a Fall layout featuring three different cut files: Trendy Trellis, Hello Fall and Leaf it to me. Fall is my favorite season. I love the colors, the crisp air, the fallen leaves. This picture of my kids was somewhat staged. They were playing outside and I asked them to start throwing leaves around so I could take a picture (life of a scrapbooker!!!).





I used the gorgeous Life is Beautiful collection by Fancy Pants Designs for this. I thought the colors were muted enough for a Fall layout, but I also loved incorporating the vibrant teals and greens that come in the collection.
My original idea was to just use the Trendy Trellis cut file and back the leaves with some patterned papers. Then I decided to make it part of my background, creating that white on white effect I love.


I also wanted to have a huge title on the page, so I picked the Fall in Love sentiment from the Hello Fall cut file set and enlarged it, then stitched around the edges to make it stand out more.


Next, the leaves. Creating clusters of different patterns and colors gives the layout more interest and brings the page together in a fun way.


Some wood veneers and enamel dots finished the page.


I hope you enjoyed reading about my process. Don't forget to check out these awesome cut files in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.

Have a great day!



 
 
 
 




1 comment: