Monday, October 3, 2016

Oakley Avenue Cut File Feature!

Happy Monday!  It's Ashley, and I'm stopping in today to share two new layouts using the Oakley Avenue cut file set, with my Oakley Avenue collection from Pretty Little Studio!  I received my box of Oakley Avenue goodies on Saturday, and just couldn't wait to create a layout...or two!  I haven't had a chance to use the Oakley Avenue cut file set, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/480477205/the-oakley-avenue-cut-file-set-includes?ref=shop_home_active_50

The Oakley Avenue cut file set coordinates with the images included in the scrapbook collection.  The collection will be available for retail sale on the Pretty Little Studio website on Wednesday, October 5th.




The idea for this layout popped in my head, when I was on the way to Michael's to pick up some more adhesive!  I thought it would be fun to draw a large heart shape with the Silhouette Sketch Pens and fill it with the pie chart image from the cut file set and a mix of embellishments from the Oakley Avenue collection.  I cut the pie chart shapes from the Barn Door paper, the Mellow Yellow paper and the Fall Festival paper and overlapped them inside the heart shape.  I also fussy cut some of the pie chart shapes from the Pumpkin Pie patterned paper.  Then I added some of the flair buttons, wood veneers, cut aparts and stickers.




For this layout, I created a fun background look with the leaf image from the cut file set.  I set up a triangular shape with the leaves and repeated it around the background.  I backed the open leaves with four patterned papers from the Oakley Avenue collection.  Since the design moved toward the center of the layout, I placed my photo in the middle of the page.  Then I clustered my title and embellishments around the photo.  This way I could make the photo stand out a little more, and keep the embellishments from getting lost against a busy background.

I hope you'll check out the Oakley Avenue cut file set in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, and pop over to the Pretty Little Studio website on Wednesday to take a look at the full collection!

And I'll have a giveaway for the collection on my Instagram this week, so if you're not following me, make sure you find me at @ashleyhorton75!

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/?hl=en
 

3 comments: