Friday, December 1, 2017

"Falala" with Kira

It's December!  Which means, Christmas crafting!  I pulled out an older photo of my son, Elliott, today to get in the winter-y mood.  (It's still about 70 degrees here in San Antonio so I am grasping at that winter feeling I will clearly not experience in Texas.)


Anyway, I used the Snow Day cut file from The Cut Shoppe today to create this winter wonderland of a layout.



I deleted all but one of the snowflakes on this cut file, and then enlarged it to 11.5".  I cut the large snowflake on textured white cardstock and then spent a grueling 2.5 hours stitching around it with white embroidery thread.



I knew I wanted a white background and loved the white snowflake against the white...but it needed more color.  So I used the same single snowflake and cut out three snowflakes measuring between 5"-5.75".  I cut them out from a few papers from the Falala 6x6 paper pad.


The red snowflake I cut apart so I could use it it three places around the page.  I also cut the gold glitter snowflake included in the Falala ephemera pack in half so I could use it in two places on the page too.


I thought it would be cute to "hang" my photo from the large snowflake.  So I found a couple more banners from the Falala collection and hung them from other snowflakes around the page.  I accomplished this by taping some bakers twine right on the back.



I finished off the page with some additional embellishments and some gold Heidi Swapp color shine.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment