Saturday, December 23, 2017

"From My Window" with Kira

Merry almost Christmas friends!  Kira here and I am back with a page from my December Daily album.  This is my second year making an album and it is such a fun way to stay crafty throughout the month!

I decided to use prompts this year to simplify things for myself.  The prompt for day 3 was "From My Window".  This is our first year in San Antonio (from Seattle) so let me tell you, what I am seeing from my window is vastly different from what I am used to seeing.  I snapped this photo of my boys playing outside on our picnic table in their diapers and thought it perfectly summed up the difference in temperatures. 



I decided to use the Merry Christmas cut file from The Cut Shoppe as my base for this layout.  Honestly, the deer doesn't have a lot to do with my kids playing in the diapers in the sun, but I loved how much open space the cut file provided. 



I wanted to back my cut file with phrase stickers from the PFS December Days collection.  I love that Pink Fresh Studio provides so many phrase stickers in their collections, but I'm never able to use up even half a sheet.  But backing a cut file with them is a great way to use them up while still enjoying the stickers!



After I backed the cut file, I stitched around it with white embroidery floss.  I love the texture it adds to my layout, without overpowering the stickers. 



I added my photo to the bottom right corner of my page.  I used a house and flower die cut from the same PFS collection and added my title "From My Window" right on top. 



I hope this inspired you to use your phrase stickers in a new way!  Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment