Friday, January 5, 2018

Spring Blooms Layout | Elsie Robinson

Hey friends, it's Elsie here and I think I've officially ditched the Winter/Christmas layouts now it's a new year!

Whilst I've loved making Christmas projects, I'm definitely ready to start creating something different. So for this layout I was inspired by some of the beautiful floral cut files that are on offer in the Cut Shoppe store.


I started by super-sizing the rose cut files from the Blooming Bouquets and Spring Fling sets and I cut them from white cardstock. However, I wanted the stems to be green, so instead of manipulating the cut file and cutting the flowers and stems from different papers, I painted the stems green with some watercolours.

I didn't saturate the paper with a lot of water so they didn't warp at all and I love how much quicker this was so do than having to edit and run different papers through my cameo!


For my title, I again super-sized the 'Bloom' from the Spring Fling set and cut it from white cardstock. I stitched around the title with some white thread, to add a bit more definition.


I backed the large roses with pink and purple papers, the title with a yellow pattern and then I cut some more flowers from the Funky Florals and Flower Delivery sets and backed them with blue patterns.

With this being quite a busy page, having each of these elements have their own base colour meant they all didn't blend together and it really made these gorgeous files the stars of the page!


By raising the 'bloom' title on some small foam squares from the patterned paper, I was able to tuck the rose stems and some ephemera pieces into the letters, which helped integrate such a large title into my scene!

I love how this turned out and I think that incorporating a large title in this way, is something I'll definitely be doing again in the future!


Make sure you click on the images below to grab these cut files for yourself!

Thanks for stopping by!

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment